Beard Braid – Ultimate Guide to Style & Care For Your Beard
We’ve all seen men sporting an awesome beard, in fact it’s pretty common. However, noticing a man with a braided beard is an awesome sight. It looks incredibly stylish and put together, giving an overall impression of personal care and maturity. Beard braids aren’t new and have actually been around for hundreds of years being worn by vikings. For many men, caring for their beards is a practice of great pride and intention. If you’ve been looking to grow out your beard or to start sporting a beard braid, you’ve come to the right place!
How To Braid Your Beard
Braiding is a practice that has been around forever as it is a great way to style your hair while also protecting it from damage. It has cultural significance as well. There are many types of braids you can learn but it’s best to master the three stranded braid.
- Wash & Condition your beard.
- Towel dry and apply beard oil.
- Comb your braid to avoid tangling.
- Section your hair into three equal parts.
- Take the left section of your beard and place it over the middle section, repeat with the right section.
- Repeat this process until all the hair is braided.
- Secure with an elastic band or hair bead.
Click here for a visual on how to braid!
Tips For Growing A Long Beard
- Practice proper hygiene by washing your face and beard twice daily.
- Give your beard regular trims to avoid split ends and breakage.
- Use beard oil to maintain hydration for maximum growth.
- Trim the hair on your cheeks and around your beard to maintain a good hygiene routine and to keep looking fresh & clean.
Small Side Braid
Looking to switch up your beard a bit without committing to a full braid? This is the perfect look for you! This side braid is visually striking and interesting.
Long Beard Braid
The long braid beard is very traditional and sports a viking vibe. These braid beards tend to be the most elaborate and interesting!
Short Beard Braid
Still growing out your beard? Not to worry! You can still sport an awesome braid that looks stylish and handsome.
An awesome alternative to a normal braid. Divide your hair into two sections and twist one section over the other until you reach the end. Secure with an elastic band or bead.
Fish Tail Beard Braid
The fish tail can be a bit hard to understand at first but once you have it down, it’s incredibly easy to do! Here’s a visual tutorial.
Whether you want to switch up how you wear your beard or are looking to grow it out, you can never go wrong with a cool beard braid! Refer to this list when buying your beard products and are beginning to style your beard!
For more information about men’s hairstyles and hair care, click here.